Open the users table
- Click the users table in the menu to the left. The table can have different prefixes, in this example it is www_.
- Locate the user for which you want to change the password and click Edit.
Enter new password
- Next to user_pass choose MD5 from the drop down menu under Function.
- Under Value replace the current encrypted password with the new password. You can type normal text, it will be encrypted after saving.
- Click Go to save your changes.
You are done!
Your new password has been saved and encrypted. It can now be used to login to WordPress.